Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Reliquary eyes, and a diadem frown"

Well, I've been terribly neglectful and it's been an awfully long time since I've posted. However, as you may have noticed I updated my layout. Anyway, I am still reading A Tale of Two Cities, but I've been quite busy and haven't gotten very far. I'll give a grand review of it all once I am through, but for now perhaps I'll give a more personal entry. The past week has been full of excitement and endings. I went on a trip to Disney World with my friends, and that was marvelous! I was absolutely enchanted with Disney World. Being there is like being tucked a way into a fairy tale. I'm half certain I could live there if the weather was milder. I collected such lovely memories on my quiet, little adventure and I'm sad that it has ended. Friday night, we watched the fireworks show as a sort of farewell to Disney World. And as I watched the castle glittering in the shower of light, I felt a peculiar mingling of emotions. I was happy, and hopeful and sad all at once. I felt like bursting like a fire cracker.

Now that I'm home, my life has resumed its routine for the most part. However, I've encountered an unexpected ending. I can't disclose anything of substance, because I don't wish to betray anyone's privacy. Life is strange, and yet it's also familiar. People are always disappointing one another, and yet they always pretend to be surprised. I'm afraid I've disappointed someone, and for that I feel sorry. However, some things cannot be helped. I wish I knew how to give this a nice clean, mended ending, but I do not.

Onto, lighter topics... the Lost series finale was this Sunday. I've been following that show for 6 years and now it is finally over. I disliked the ending, although I expected something like that. It was a bit too vague for my liking.


I feel like posting some pictures...


Oh Henry Cavill, how I adore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment