Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Our aspirations are wrapped up in books"

Books I want to read soon...

Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Middlemarch by George Eliot/Marian Evans
The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

Perhaps it's a bit ambitious, but I'll get around to all of them eventually. I happen to own Gulliver's Travels, The Count of Monte Cristo and Mansfield Park so I ought to start with one of those. As you can see I'm already dreaming of what to read next. A Tale of Two Cities is monstrously difficult reading at some points. Honestly, reading it makes feel stupid. However, there is no mistaking of Dickens' boldness in the novel. The story is epic. I just wish the story had another Pip or Joe for me to have a crush on. Perhaps Mr. Darnay, he looks promising. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment