Friday, May 28, 2010

"I hear the midnight birds, the message in their words"

I'm in an excellent mood today, I've been singing and prancing around my empty house all morning! I bought four new songs: God Help the Girl by God Help the Girl, and Come Back Margaret, The Nights are Cold and Honey in the Sun by Camera Obscura. God Help the Girl is my fantastic new discovery, the song sounds like somebody wrote a comical depiction of me: "I keep to myself. I love my room; I'm getting used to sleeping. Some nights I really like to lie awake. I hear the midnight birds, the message in their words.... I sit for hours just waiting for his phone call, I'll leave the chocolate hidden in the fridge.... I think of him while I'm doing the dishes, I think of him while looking in the sink... If he gave me a sign, I'd think about it for a week. I'd build it up, then turn him down. You have been warned. I'm born to be contrary". haha. Anyway, since I'm feeling so musical this morning I thought I'd do something disgustingly narcissistic and post a playlist of songs about me. Sort of like a soundtrack to Camille. I like to think that secretly everyone has their own soundtrack, even if its only in their heads.

1. Just Like Heaven - The Cure
2. Here's Where the Story Ends - The Sundays
3. Half a Week Before the Winter - Vanessa Carlton
4. Field Below - Regina Spektor
5. Judy and the Dream of Horses - Belle and Sebastian
6. If Looks Could Kill - Camera Obscura
7. Not the Same Girl - Leona Naess
8. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - She & Him
9. Meet Me By the Water - Rachael Yamagata
10. Someday the Waves - Iron and Wine
11. How Deep is Your Love - The Bird and the Bee
12. Marble Halls - Enya
13. Clair de Lune - Jean Yves Thibaudet
14. Afterglow - Vanessa Carlton
15. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
16. Faithful to Me - Jennifer Knapp
17. Dream - Priscilla Ahn
18. Diamond Heart - Marissa Nadler
19. On the Radio - Regina Spektor
20. God Help the Girl - God Help the Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment